New buys for May 27. Seven new positions and added to two!
THI Tim Hortons Inc - Canadian pride stock here. I actually think their donuts suck and I dont drink coffee lol. Time Hortons is a Canadian institution at this point. They have great growth and they are very busy at a great many of their locations. They have a 8 year dividend growth streak , 5 year avg of 23% dividend growth with a current payout ratio of 45% and a 2.16% Yield. Thanks to freedom 35 for turning me on to this stock as he won the $10 gift card prize I offered last week! Grats !
CNQ Canadian Natural Resources - Oil and natural gas stock here. 10 year dividend growth streak at 31% with a low payout ratio. 2.05% Yield.
SU Suncor Energy - Another Canadian Oil stock here. 10 year dividend growth rate at a whopping 31%. Well priced and poised to take off.
T Telus Corp - Canadian Telecom rooted firmly in the west. 10 year dividend growth streak of 24%. Payout ratio lil high at 75% but it delivers a 3.66% yield.
V Visa - Visa is worldwide and they are a cash machine. Debt is growing and will not stop ever. I have been in and out of the stock a few times all with good gains but this time I am holding long. The dividend is paltry at 0.8% but they have huge upside in potential dividend growth and stock price growth overall. 5 year dividend growth rate of 45% and looks to maintain that pace in the future as they have a very low payout right now of 19%. Hopefully in next couple years they can raise the payout to the 40-50% level and yield into the 3% range which they could very easily do now even. Once they do so I may look to increase my position with them.
COP ConocoPhillips - Added to my position here by doubling my shares from 70 to 140. Whats not to like from them. Good Yield 3.5% , good Payout ratio 44%, Great dividend growth 25 years at 10% for 25 years. Top stock that I will only increase my position in the future
JNJ Johnson and Johnson - Over doubled my position here. The staple of dividend growth stocks here. 51 years of dividend growth is truly amazing. A boring slow growth stock everybody should own and I just wanted more of it. I will probably be adding to this position more and more in the future as I love boring predictable stocks like JNJ!
NVS Novartis- A big Pharma stock outta Switzerland. I wanted to increase my international exposure and I really like Pharma stocks for this. The global demand for Pharma is only increasing year after year and NVS is a major player. Yield over 3%. payout at about 50% and on a 7 year dividend growth streak.
GSK GlaxoSmithKline - Another Pharma stock but outta the UK. High payout 75% but high yield at 4.7%. 25 year dividend growth rate at 12%.
- My buying frenzy is almost complete. About 20k left to invest. After that it will all be about dividend reinvestment and adding to my positions every few months
- I am looking toward more international stocks for my final purchases as of right now I am 56% American based, 35% Canadian based and only 7% international. I would ultimately like to be in the 10-15% International range. I like to keep my American ratio high as many of the companies there are world wide conglomerates.
- Right now I am sitting 55 different holdings. It is starting to be quite a bit much. I originally wanted about 50 max so in the future I will be more looking into increasing positions i own instead of opening up new ones. So I am thinking Max 60 holdings for the next year is my goal.
- Will be updating my holdings page soon and i hope to have a more clear view there with break up of Canadian and American dollar stocks as well as more information. Should be done by end of the week as it takes time to complete everything without a spreadsheet cause I am clueless there!
- Dividend page will be updated weekly and will have historical totals and my Networth page will be updated monthly
- Thanks to everyone that has visited so far. This is my first blog so this is a work in progress. If anyone has any tips and suggestions for the blog or my portfolio dont be afraid to let me know here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or twitter me up at @AssetGrinder. once I have more traffic here I will increase the number of giveaways! I think its fun to give back to everyone that have given so much to me in the form of blogs, sites and support. I believe in good vibes and this community is full of them. Thanks again all !!!!
-UPDATE- Holdings page now updated with Canada and US exchange breakdown
|THI.TO||Tim Hortons Inc||59.82||20.42||2.16||2.93||53.25||64.18||
|CNQ.TO||Canadian Natural Resources Ltd||43.79||21.05||2.05||2.46||28.44||45.60||
|SU.TO||Suncor Energy Inc||41.79||14.41||2.20||2.89||29.85||43.47||
|COP||ConocoPhillips Common Stock||78.79||10.72||3.50||7.35||58.71||78.95||
|JNJ||Johnson & Johnson Common Stock||100.75||19.27||2.80||5.23||82.12||101.98||
|NVS||Novartis AG Common Stock||90.04||22.97||3.00||3.92||67.67||90.43||
|GSK||GlaxoSmithKline PLC Common Stoc||55.05||15.59||4.70||3.53||48.3||56.73|| |