My blog is going to be taking a breather right now as I have too much going on. I plan on coming back at some point when I am back on track and things slow down.
Right now I am
1. Fixing up my home to get ready to list it for sale.
2. Working on new home I am building. Tough job making a billion decisions to basically design it myself. I think I may get the help of an interior designer for some of the finer details (colors,wallpaper,fixtures)
3. Dealing with my nephew and kids. Schools out and got to keep them busy especially when I have tradesmen coming through our home.
4. Brewery is up and running. Grand opening went well and so far so good. I am barely ever there but I visit every other week. Hopefully we get our first dividends by years end.
5. New business. After crunching housing numbers in my area my cousin and I have decided to go into business on home developments. We are looking at building 3 homes for quick resale. We are looking at about a 25% gain at the end of the day give or take. We hope to have this built within 7-8 months and sold within a year. For a total profit of 300-350k each.
This has been taking up the majority of my time as I am doing all the work and my cousin is mostly just putting up the money for it. We work well together and we are both quite level headed. I have to raise some money for all of this as I need north of 1 million on my end. looks like I will be liquidating some property and stocks in order for this to happen, also probably will be borrowing a little bit.
6. Switching over accountants to get someone in town that can handle, my personal,wifes, corporate and new business accounts. God damn I hate taxes and file preperation
7. Dealing with a lawyer for all the property purchases, new company formation, restructuring my personal corp, mortgage signing.
Overall Its gonna be a busy summer for me. i do want to get more full on with equities at some point and build an entirely passive income but right now I am still focused on net worth growth. there is a certified financial planner part time night course starting in September I am interested in taking but I may to busy to do so. I am also quite interested in possibly getting my realtors license so I can buy and sell my own homes to cut out commissions lost. Oh well you never stop learning.
Funny thing about being someone with a good net worth is that everybody thinks I am broke. I don't spend much, I drive a cheap Honda , I don't have very nice clothes, no jewelry, I haven't had a vacation in years. My realtor on the other hand is the opposite, 10k watch, 50k Mercedes, quite a few fancy suits with 500$ shoes, live in nanny, heavily leveraged house, splurges on everything. Yet this guy is living paycheck to paycheck and has a negative net worth living off credit. It boggles my mind how people can live like this. People like this I want to shake the shit out of and get them on the right track but I cant change everyone I realize.
For me I will keep grinding until i die. I love money and growing it. I rather grow it than spend it. I will splurge a percentage here and there only after the money is in the bank from a deal here and there.
Until my next post Good Day and Grind On!