Thursday 2 July 2015

Taking a breather right now

My blog is going to be taking a breather right now as I have too much going on. I plan on coming back at some point when I am back on track and things slow down.

Right now I am

1. Fixing up my home to get ready to list it for sale.

2. Working on new home I am building. Tough job making a billion decisions to basically design it myself. I think I may get the help of an interior designer for some of the finer details (colors,wallpaper,fixtures)

3. Dealing with my nephew and kids. Schools out and got to keep them busy especially when I have tradesmen coming through our home.

4. Brewery is up and running. Grand opening went well and so far so good. I am barely ever there but I visit every other week. Hopefully we get our first dividends by years end.

5. New business. After crunching housing numbers in my area my cousin and I have decided to go into business on home developments. We are looking at building 3 homes for quick resale. We are looking at about a 25% gain at the end of the day give or take. We hope to have this built within 7-8 months and sold within a year. For a total profit of 300-350k each.

This has been taking up the majority of my time as I am doing all the work and my cousin is mostly just putting up the money for it. We work well together and we are both quite level headed. I have to raise some money for all of this as I need north of 1 million on my end. looks like I will be liquidating some property and stocks in order for this to happen, also probably will be borrowing a little bit.

6. Switching over accountants to get someone in town that can handle, my personal,wifes, corporate and new business accounts. God damn I hate taxes and file preperation

7. Dealing with a lawyer for all the property purchases, new company formation, restructuring my personal corp, mortgage signing.




Overall Its gonna be a busy summer for me. i do want to get more full on with equities at some point and build an entirely passive income but right now I am still focused on net worth growth. there is a certified financial planner part time night course starting in September I am interested in taking but I may to busy to do so. I am also quite interested in possibly getting my realtors license so I can buy and sell my own homes to cut out commissions lost. Oh well you never stop learning.


Funny thing about being someone with a good net worth is that everybody thinks I am broke. I don't spend much, I drive a cheap Honda , I don't have very nice clothes, no jewelry, I haven't had a vacation in years. My realtor on the other hand is the opposite, 10k watch, 50k Mercedes, quite a few fancy suits with 500$ shoes, live in nanny, heavily leveraged house, splurges on everything. Yet this guy is living paycheck to paycheck and has a negative net worth living off credit. It boggles my mind how people can live like this. People like this I want to shake the shit out of and get them on the right track but I cant change everyone I realize.

For me I will keep grinding until i die. I love money and growing it. I rather grow it than spend it. I will splurge a percentage here and there only after the money is in the bank from a deal here and there.

Until my next post Good Day and Grind On!



23 comments:

  1. You definitely have tons of stuff going on. Take care of them first, blogging and come later. There's no point showing off by having all these "fancy" toys when your net worth is negative and living paycheque to paycheque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...those are a lot of projects going on. Sounds really exciting and I wish you the best!

    R2R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots and lots of stuff to focus on so I can't blame you for taking the time to focus on what needs your attention the most right now. We'll be here waiting for whenever you get back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief, and I thought I was busy remodeling my bathroom. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey AG. Thanks for sharing. Keep hustling hard bud. We're all rooting for you. We're gonna do the same, build our portfolios and net worths up... Life goes on. Can't wait till your next post! Take care bud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've really been extremely busy! No wonder your online activity has dropped some. Happy to see you had some time to keep us all in the loop! I'm always curious to see the passive and not so passive income(options) you bring in every month.

    On a side note, I to am looking into getting the CFP designation in the future, however I first need to get myself working at a bank!(sigh) Were you looking at a course that prepares you for the CFP courses, or the actual modules that lead to certification? Through Canadian Securities Institute at least, you can do the FP1 and FP2 courses online.

    Best of luck and hope to see an update post or two ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. A-G,

    Just reading how much you've got going on is causing me to hyperventilate a little. I couldn't imagine actually doing all that stuff. Gotta give you credit, bud! :)

    The blog (and the community) will be waiting whenever you're ready to get back to it. But enjoy life. That's what we're doing all of this for.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear Grinder but certainly understandable given how much you currently have on your plate. Good luck and hope you are successful with each and every one of your tasks. I'm sure the blogging community will anxiously await your return. Until your next post. Best Wishes! AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Asset Grinder - sounds pretty full on indeed! Best of luck with everything you have on your plate!

    Cheers,

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your grinding every time I visit. Can't imagine hard working person like you wouldn't succeed. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "someone with a good net worth is that everybody thinks I am broke. I don't spend much"

    LOL. That is me too. Always wear a free t-shirt, often with some paint splashes. Work shoes, carpenter pants and suspenders. I think a robber would pass me up for your realtor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That’s as well nice, hope it will make a Rocking place for youth and I also Hope that will come true. Best of luck!! onlinepayloans

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey AG,
    I lived in Gordon Head from 2000-04. Beautiful place. I was in the Canadian Military. Just started blogging about Retirement Planning and Strategies as I'm retiring next year . I'm over at http://thesimpleretiree.com/ If you have time drop by and say hi!
    Hope you get back on your feet soon, really enjoyed hanging out on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you want to find really good rentals in Canada
    you have to push yourself but I am pretty sure that one day you will be really happy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck pal. Hope to see you back soon. :) I always look forward to your dividend and income updates.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Chjn Gfbjf: Maybe u are right! Maybe Not!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fantastic blog and I like this article, We are new online bidding service. we are provide investors free information for fishing. When 'nothing is goin' right just go fishin'

    ReplyDelete
  19. Save to invest. don't save to save. the only reason to save money is to invest it Equity Tips

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com

    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great article. Thanks for sharing. Also please check Die Grinder Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great Content Sir
    And I m Sell all type product Online Recreational Marijuana Shops Buy Online Shoping 2-Piece Grinder – Large in United State of America and United Kingdom

    ABOUT THE 2-PIECE GRINDER – LARGE
    The 63mm 2-Piece Herbivore Grinder is the largest of the Herbivore line of dry herb grinders. The larger chamber of the Herbivore Grinder enables you to grind more dry herb faster. A knurled lid makes it easy to grip and twist the 2-piece Herbivore Grinder. The 63mm Herbivore Grinder features a tough aluminum build that’s fortified against wear-and-tear. Sturdy teeth grind down your nuggets to a finer consistency that’s ideal for vaporization. The Herbivore Grinder breaks down chunks of dry herb to give heat more surface to vaporize. You save herb, cut down on smokiness, and enjoy poignant vapor production.
    Recreational Marijuana Shops Buy Online Shoping 2-Piece Grinder – Large in United State of America and United Kingdom
    LARGE GRINDER
    The 2-Piece Herbivore Grinder features an ample sized herb chamber for grinding bigger loads of dry herb. The extra large sized chamber is for those who vape frequently, or who want to get all their grinding out of the way ahead of time. The exact size of the 2-Piece Herbivore Grinder chamber is 63mm, enough space for plenty of herb. This also comes in handy for those who own vaporizers with large chambers, which often must be filled to the brim in order to thoroughly vaporize their contents. The Large Herbivore Grinder is the ideal companion for dry herb enthusiasts who want to knock out all their grinding in one fell swoop.
    Recreational Marijuana Shops Buy Online Shoping 2-Piece Grinder – Large in United State of America and United Kingdom
    POWERFUL 2-PIECE HERBIVORE GRINDER
    Unlike plastic or wood herb grinders, the 2-Piece Herbivore Grinder features a powerful aluminum build that can withstand any adventure you bring it on. The extra strong teeth ensure quick and even grinding that prepares dry herb for efficient vaporization. The highly durable aluminum is both lightweight and sturdy, perfect for on-the-go excursions. The large herbivore grinder is the best herb grinder for large loads of dry herb, offering efficient grinding with a precision design that’s built to last.
    WHAT’S IN THE BOX
    1 x Felt Pouch

    2-Piece Grinder – Large Additional Information
    Dimensions: 3 x 2.75 x 1.5 in.
    Weight: 0.30 lbs.
    Recreational Marijuana Shops Buy Online Shoping 2-Piece Grinder – Large in United State of America and United Kingdom

    ReplyDelete